Today marked Day 3 of my exercise program. I really wasn't looking forward to it, and almost slipped back into that "ah I'll just skip it" mode. I could have easily done that since Mr Hottie had left for work, and he's the one that pushes me & keeps me on track.

I was all set to go have my shower, then thought to myself "Don't give up already!" So, I got my plan & book out (The Australian Women's Health "Big Book of Exercises") & changed into my workout gear.

I really wasn't looking forward to it, as my legs are feeling so tight that it even hurts to use the toilet ha! Although I couldn't complete all the sets for some exercises, I did give it an effort, especially with the ones I knew were going to hurt my legs - squats & lunges!

Even though my legs still hurt, I am glad that I made an effort to do some exercises today, even if I didn't do all the ones I struggle with (plank & reverse crunches). I am hoping that by sticking to doing some form of exercise each day, that it won't be long before I can complete a full set of those exercises.

As for my diet - well I have made a choice to not go on a "diet" but simply use common sense with my eating & drinking. For at least the next 4 weeks, I am going to try to eliminate flours & sugars ie bread, pasta, soft drinks. I really only eat pasta maybe once a week, either lasagne or spag bog, so that won't be hard even though I LOVE pasta! My biggest downfall will be giving up bread. Some days I find myself eating bread with every meal.

So far, I'll give myself 50/50 on that challenge. Kids and I had hotdogs last night for dinner, and I've been a sucker for the fresh burger buns aah! But at least it's only been a once a day thing. So that's a start. Next week, I plan on putting more effort into that idea.

BUT ... I have given myself a day off for the 15th January - MY BIRTHDAY! I am, however, not going to go silly. I just meant that I will work extra hard so that I can have a few drinkies with hubby & friend, who is coming over for the weekend. We are going out for dinner, so I am making a promise to myself to be conscious of what I order so I don't undo all the work I've put in.

That's pretty much it for now. Another hot day here & another day spent indoors with the ac on blah!

0 comments: